sábado, 10 de octubre de 2009

LETTER ABOUT FESTES DEL TURA

25 Abingdon Street
London
LO25 1UE

1st October 2009
Dear Sally,

I’m sorry! I couldn’t write to you because I had a lot of exams last week and I didn’t have time. In your last letter you asked me when the local celebration in Olot is. Festes del Tura is the most important and funny celebration in Olot.
On the first week of September, people from Olot are always impatient for Festes del Tura. They take place from 4th to 8th of September, more or less. There are 5 days of celebration and a lot of people from all Catalonia come here.
Festes del Tura start at 4th in the afternoon with the procession of our giants and in these days, people put up Olot’s flag on the balconies.
All the nights, there are a lot of concerts and young people go out to enjoy themselves. On Sunday, we always dress up in elegant clothes and we watch the dance of giants and then, all the family gets together at home and we have lunch, so my mother prepares special meals for a lot of people. On Monday’s night, there is the Turinada. I think this is the best event of Festes del Tura so everybody dances in the street and people from the balconies throw us water. It is very funny!
The last day at the night, there are fireworks displays in the bullring and, unfortunately, Festes del Tura finish.
I think that after my explanation you will want to come next year.
Why not? Why don’t you come here next year on Festes del Tura? You’d love it!

Write soon,

Laia Peracaula

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario